Dr. Janine Felix
Dr. Felix is senior researcher and principal investigator for epigenetic epidemiology at the Generation R Study, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, the Netherlands. In this population-based birth cohort study of almost 10,000 children, her research focuses on understanding molecular processes underlying cardiometabolic phenotypes, such as obesity, blood pressure and type 2 diabetes in pregnant women and children.
To achieve this, she mostly works on genome-wide and epigenome-wide association data within large-scale international consortia, mainly the EGG (Early Growth Genetics) and PACE (Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics) consortia, in which she leads multiple projects. Dr. Felix is also study coordinator of the Generation R Study. In this capacity, she works with the study team on the operational running and strategic planning of the study and is responsible for the ethical and legal aspects of the study. She has published more than 130 peer-reviewed scientific papers in the fields of epidemiology, paediatrics, genetics and epigenetics
Congress starts in:
- Early feeding and growth
- First 1000 days
- Biological models in growth
- Growth disorders
- Birth cohorts
- Croatian Islands' Birth Cohort Study (CRIBS)
- Obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Nutrition and body composition
- Epigenetics of growth and development
- Environmental effects on growth
- Recent advances in data analysis
- Clinical considerations in fetal growth and neonatology
- Kinesiology, maturity and athletic performance
- Complex and genetic disorders
- The exposome and allergic diseases
- Growth and development in educational context (in collaboration with Education and Teacher Training Agency - in Croatian)
New deadlines coming soon...
Please be patient as we rework the website with new dates and information regarding the XVth International Congress of Auxology which will be held in Zagreb and online.
The pandemic of Covid-19 has forced us to postpone the XVth International Congress of Auxology until 2021.
We are now planning to hold the Congress in Zagreb from the 3rd to 6th June 2021.
Zagreb is an international city with a variety of excellent accommodation and places of historic and cultural interest.
The website will be revamped soon to reflect the change of dates and venue and we look forward to hosting you in Zagreb in 2021! As the planning for the 2021 congress proceeds, we will be updating the website to keep you informed so please check the website and do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.