Dr. Janine Felix
Dr. Felix is senior researcher and principal investigator for epigenetic epidemiology at the Generation R Study, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, the Netherlands. In this population-based birth cohort study of almost 10,000 children, her research focuses on understanding molecular processes underlying cardiometabolic phenotypes, such as obesity, blood pressure and type 2 diabetes in pregnant women and children.
To achieve this, she mostly works on genome-wide and epigenome-wide association data within large-scale international consortia, mainly the EGG (Early Growth Genetics) and PACE (Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics) consortia, in which she leads multiple projects. Dr. Felix is also study coordinator of the Generation R Study. In this capacity, she works with the study team on the operational running and strategic planning of the study and is responsible for the ethical and legal aspects of the study. She has published more than 130 peer-reviewed scientific papers in the fields of epidemiology, paediatrics, genetics and epigenetics
Congress starts in:
- Early feeding and growth
- First 1000 days
- Biological models in growth
- Growth disorders
- Birth cohorts
- Croatian Islands' Birth Cohort Study (CRIBS)
- Obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Nutrition and body composition
- Epigenetics of growth and development
- Environmental effects on growth
- Recent advances in data analysis
- Clinical considerations in fetal growth and neonatology
- Kinesiology, maturity and athletic performance
- Complex and genetic disorders
- The exposome and allergic diseases
- Growth and development in educational context (in collaboration with Education and Teacher Training Agency - in Croatian)
New deadlines coming soon...
International Society for the Study of Human Growth and Clinical Auxology (ISGA), with the Institute and Anthropological Research as host, and European Anthropological Association (EAA) came to a mutual decision to hold a joint ISGA & EAA Congress in 2024 in Croatia. We look forward to this event as a great opportunity for the exchange of knowledge and networking!
As the planning for the 2024 Congress proceeds, we will be updating the website to keep you informed, so please check the website and do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.