Dr. Primož Kotnik
Asst Prof Primoz Kotnik, MD has graduated from the University of Ljubljana, Medical Faculty in 1999. He completed his PhD thesis in 2005 on the topic of antidiuretic signalling of aquaporin 2. Part of the PhD was completed at the esteemed Water and Research Centre in Aarhus, Denmark under the mentorship of Prof Soren Nielsen. He has completed a postdoctoral programme with Prof Martin Wabitsch at the University Children’s Hospital of Ulm, Germany focusing on adipose tissue as an endocrine organ. Since 2000 he is employed at the Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University Children’s Hospital in Ljubljana, Slovenia and since 2015 also at the Medical faculty of Ljubljana as a lecturer.
His clinical and research focuses are growth, endocrine function of the adipose tissue, and childhood obesity. As a scientific adviser he is also currently involved in re-organization of primary prevention health programmes lead by National Institute of Health, focus of which is to integrate multidisciplinary approach for early recognition and interventions in children at an increased health-risk due to their lifestyle.
Congress starts in:
- Early feeding and growth
- First 1000 days
- Biological models in growth
- Growth disorders
- Birth cohorts
- Croatian Islands' Birth Cohort Study (CRIBS)
- Obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Nutrition and body composition
- Epigenetics of growth and development
- Environmental effects on growth
- Recent advances in data analysis
- Clinical considerations in fetal growth and neonatology
- Kinesiology, maturity and athletic performance
- Complex and genetic disorders
- The exposome and allergic diseases
- Growth and development in educational context (in collaboration with Education and Teacher Training Agency - in Croatian)
New deadlines coming soon...
International Society for the Study of Human Growth and Clinical Auxology (ISGA), with the Institute and Anthropological Research as host, and European Anthropological Association (EAA) came to a mutual decision to hold a joint ISGA & EAA Congress in 2024 in Croatia. We look forward to this event as a great opportunity for the exchange of knowledge and networking!
As the planning for the 2024 Congress proceeds, we will be updating the website to keep you informed, so please check the website and do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.