Dr. Zvonimir Šostar
Dr Zvonimir Sostar was born on August 26th, 1956 in Zagreb, Republic of Croatia. He studied in Zagreb, where he graduated from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb (Croatia) and obtained the medical doctor degree. He is Alumni at Harvard School of medicine, Boston (United States) where he has completed three postgraduate courses and is Health Care Manager.
He has worked for 13 years as a Head of the Zagreb City Office for Health, after which he has been appointed Director of Andrija Stampar Teaching Institute of Public Health, Zagreb (Croatia).
His is an active lecturer at universities and colleges in Croatian and the region. He is also a Head of the Department of Public Health and Epidemiology at the University of Applied Health Sciences.
Dr Sostar is the president and initiator of South East European Network for Food Safety and Quality Control (SEEN-FSQC). He is currently in the final stage of the Ph.D. study at Libertas International University.
He’s married with two daughters.
Congress starts in:
- Early feeding and growth
- First 1000 days
- Biological models in growth
- Growth disorders
- Birth cohorts
- Croatian Islands' Birth Cohort Study (CRIBS)
- Obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Nutrition and body composition
- Epigenetics of growth and development
- Environmental effects on growth
- Recent advances in data analysis
- Clinical considerations in fetal growth and neonatology
- Kinesiology, maturity and athletic performance
- Complex and genetic disorders
- The exposome and allergic diseases
- Growth and development in educational context (in collaboration with Education and Teacher Training Agency - in Croatian)
New deadlines coming soon...
Please be patient as we rework the website with new dates and information regarding the XVth International Congress of Auxology which will be held in Zagreb and online.
The pandemic of Covid-19 has forced us to postpone the XVth International Congress of Auxology until 2021.
We are now planning to hold the Congress in Zagreb from the 3rd to 6th June 2021.
Zagreb is an international city with a variety of excellent accommodation and places of historic and cultural interest.
The website will be revamped soon to reflect the change of dates and venue and we look forward to hosting you in Zagreb in 2021! As the planning for the 2021 congress proceeds, we will be updating the website to keep you informed so please check the website and do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.